Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Adventures of the pregnant homeless lady...end of phase one.

Okey dokey. We are winding up our time here in SC. It's been great, with just a few minor issues. Dan had a rough go of it for a bit...the Lakers lost Sunday night and then he spent the entire day Monday in bed (or in the restroom). NASTY stomach bug. The good news is he has not gained any weight this vacation :-) He woke up today feeling much better and nobody else has shown signs of sickness. I just REALLY hope that if it's going to hit anyone else it holds off until we reach Mom and Dad's house...tomorrow is a travel day, please, please, please no tummy trouble until Thursday!



Enough of the bad stuff...we have had a FABULOUS time here! Margo and I took the kiddos (minus Ali) to the 'waterfront park' yesterday and had tons of fun--it was nice and shaded. We also managed to be on the news, we were interviewed in the parking lot for a story about people's perception of SC politians...they were excited to have an out-of-towner. I guess I'm basically famous now. We ended the day with a fun pizza and pool party at the neighborhood pool...minus Dan. He stayed home and had a 'Powerade and go to bed early party'. Ours looked like more fun.



This morning the Dixons got their brand new playset in the backyard. The installers were here around 6:30 a.m., a bit early but at least it was ready to go by 8:30. Nothing like a little playground time before breakfast :-) It just happened to be an amazingly hot day here...Houston hot...not good. So we decided that a little trip to the Charleston Children's Museum was in order. Margo and I took the kiddos (minus Ali again, poor girl) while the Dad's got some work done. It was really fun (and air conditioned). We treated ourselves to some ice cream afterwards to make it basically the best outing ever. Margo and I snuck off this afternoon for some much needed pampering, we got pedicures and I'm thinking I need to make that a regular thing this trip...along with the chiropractor and massage therapist...I have no housing costs so I can spend it elsewhere, right? It's early evening right now and the Daddy's took Tyler and Kyle to the local minor league baseball park for a game (GO RIVER DAWGS) while Margo and I kept the girls and Aaron at home for a pedicure and movie night (no, I won't paint Aaron's toes...I learned my lesson with Tyler).



I'm hoping for a good night's rest, an early start on the day, and a pleasant drive tomorrow. We'll let you know how it goes...next stop Grandma and Grandpa Jarvis' house!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Keep the pics and updates coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to hear about D.C. Dont you just love pampering for us mom's! AJ is in camp right now but would be thorughly jealous for all of the traveling you guys are able to do this summer. Tell Tyler I promise not to tell AJ about the toenail polish you mentioned LOL! Drive safe!! Evelyn

    ReplyDelete