Monday, August 2, 2010

Adventures of the pregnant homeless lady...we're home!


Holy Cow! What a summer! We are moved in (well, almost) and ready to start our new adventure. Here's a few lists to summarize our adventures!


7059.9 miles on the Kia

52 days from Friendswood to Friendswood

11 states slept in

23 states driven through

7 Sundays

1 set of church clothes

596 photos loaded to Shutterfly

1 visit from the tooth fairy

1 birthday

2 holidays (if you are from Utah)

10 swimming pools

7 burger joints

8 hotels

8 homes of friends/relatives

57 license plates

1 flat tire

1 dead battery

2 oil changes

1 urgent care visit

3 stomach bugs

4 suitcases

5 backpacks

1 well used iPod

3 sets of headphones

14 historical landmarks/museums

5 professional baseball games

23/26 cousins

14/16 aunts/uncles

4/4 grandparents

16 "bonus relatives" (great aunts, second cousins, etc.)

4 amazing kids

2 really tired parents

1 adventure of a life time!


Not counted (or classified):

ice cream cones

hours of screen time

gallons of gas

bottles of water

cans of sunscreen

band aids

pounds gained ;-)


Things I will miss:

All that time together as a family...just us

Relaxed rules

almost no bills

spontaneous side trips

spontaneous anything!

"special occasion" food

relatives/old friends

play doh in the car

extra people to help with the kiddos

walking down memory lane

historical landmarks/museums

relaxing just because I can


Things I will NOT miss:

All that time together as a family...just us

Relaxed rules

suitcases

buying gas more than once (or twice) in the same day for the same car

eating out of the blue cooler

hotels

sharing a room (or a bed) with my children

Wyoming/ New Mexico

the same 4 outfits


Things I'm looking forward to:

big grocery shopping (weird huh)

catching up with friends

my own bed

decorating my new house

getting the mail

establishing a daily routine

potty training (Aaron, not me, I'm good)

PLANNING OUR NEXT ADVENTURE :-)


3 comments:

  1. You amaze me. Seriously. I am amazed. 7059.9 miles on the Kia. Wow. Good luck getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it must be both a relief and at the same time, a let-down that the trip is over. Your summary told the story very well (in addition to your narrations throughout the trip). You did something few would try as a childless couple, let alone 4 kids....and then pregnant on top of all that.

    I concur with Julie. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, and a lifetime of memories! Agreed, I'm amazed. Since I was one of the few aunts you didn't see on your adventure...I guess I need to plan a little adventure come see your new house!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete