Thursday, June 17, 2010
Adventures of the pregnant homeless lady...getting settled.
Aaaah! We are having a great vacation. No major issues thus far, we are truly blessed. The kids have been great and our hosts have been awesome! As much as we loved SC it is really, really nice to be in VA. My parents live in Dumfries VA--in the DC area. We will be here for over 3 weeks which makes this the most stable leg of our trip. The best part of this adventure is that my parents have a huge house so we don't feel like we are imposing and we all get our own space. Tyler and Katherine have their own bedrooms upstairs and feel really big to be sleeping two whole floors away from their parents. Dan and I are in the basement with Kyle and Aaron but we have plenty of room so it's great. We are keeping Aaron in the bedroom with us just because he can get out of his crib and we don't want him wandering around the playroom. Kyle has his own bed out there and loves it because it is right by the kitchenette and he thinks he can wake up and get a snack in the middle of the night...silly boy. It's just nice to have some space so we can all have a little alone time. We love each other, but really the van doesn't give us a lot of privacy. Basically what I'm most excited about is that Dan and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Philadelphia without the kids. We really have no purpose for going there except that we've never been and my parents offered to watch the kids. I probably won't blog for a few days...I'm just going to enjoy a much needed weekend alone with my hubby and will post pics when we return. Thanks for all the well wishers...we miss everyone...I hope you are having a great summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad things are going well! Although I wonder just a bit how two of your previous posts mention throwing up/NASTY stomach bug and you still can say "No major issues thus far." Maybe it's because you're a nurse, but those would fall under the "major issues" category for me, especially on vacation. Have a GREAT time in Philly with Dan :).
ReplyDeleteWhat... you didn't like sleeping 3 to a room in my house??!!(in record high temps with a broken AC) Haha. Just kidding- it was a little tight, but fun :) We thank you for seriously exhausting Sophia. She has been a dream since you all left.. napping and sleeping like a CHAMP!! We mailed your stuff you forgot to M & D's today minus the cocoa almonds. we decided to keep those for ourselves!
ReplyDeleteJulie, they weren't 'major events' because Aaron's was short lived and Dan is old enough to not throw up on me...and it didn't spread to the whole fam. I figure 6 people in tight quarters for 7 weeks and some illness is bound to occur. Trying to stay positive here...
ReplyDeleteMargo, the accomodations were WONDERFUL. You have a lot of space and beds...it was pretty amazing that you hosted our fam so comfortably...but yes, it is nice to have our own rooms :-) I'm glad Sophia is sleeping well for you, we were worried that her schedule would be off all week. We realized the almonds were missing a few hours out...enjoy!