Well, we are still having a great time! Yesterday we made the drive from Dumfries VA to Rochester NY. We are spending the weekend seeing the sites of Palmyra NY...it has great significance to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and we are loving it so far.
Let's see...yesterday's drive was pleasant. For the record the old lady needed a potty break before the pregnant lady did;-) It actually worked out well since we were right by Gettysburg. Not on the planned itinerary but still very cool. We didn't do much there since we wanted to get back on the road but we took a few pics with Abe and were on our way. Our path also tooks us straight through Williamsport PA...not ringing any bells with you? Well, it's the home of little league baseball and where the little league world series is held every year in August. We had lunch in Williamsport and then decided to tour the little league museum and take a peek at the field. Tyler (and Dan) were in heaven. Tyler informed us that we will be coming back in 2 years to watch him play...so put it on your calendar.
Thus far today is looking good as well. We enjoyed the ample breakfast provided by the Marriott Residence Inn, never a disappointment, yum. Then it was off to Palmyra and the Joseph Smith Farm. We had a nice time touring the farm and the Sacred Grove on the property. We just got a quick picture of the temple...we were too hungry to stay and walk those grounds, we'll go back later. Tonight the Hill Cumorah Pageant is on the schedule but we've had a few thunderstorms this afternoon (thankfully AFTER we left the farm). Dad is, of course, watching the weather channel trying to decide if going to the pageant is still a good idea. I'm hopeful that it will work out. I guess we can go tomorrow night if tonight is too soggy...I'd hate to drive all this way and not see the pageant!
I'm off to take a nap...the pageant doesn't start until 9pm and I am really tired...I'd hate to fall asleep during the show! Have a great day, happy summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment